Things that relax me:
1) Reading... I love to read. Magazines sometimes, but books mostly. I just finished Hiroshima and the four books in the twilight series. I perused a book about body language and social order, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be, so I set it down. I am also reading the Fablehaven series (3 books so far but there's obviously another) and the Eragon series (I've read the first 2 books but I had to return the third to the library before I finished. Darn it all...) I now have The Road by Cormac McCarthy in my posession. I can't wait to see if it's good.
2) Swimming... I haven't been in a really long time, and I miss it terribly. I wish I had a good babysitter around here and a place to go swimming and didn't feel guilty for paying for both. I love the weightlessness, not to mention the weight loss... Better than swimming, I love teaching swimming lessons. Is that weird?
3) Sleeping... obviously. I love sleeping. I love my big soft bed and many many cushy pillows.
4) Dancing... again, I haven't danced in a really long time. Sad. I would LOVE a modern dance class right about now. Again, I'm so cheap I can't bring my self to pay for one. It sounds like I'm doing enough reading to make up for it though.
5) Sewing... Right now I'm working on starting up an online business to make an extra few bucks. It will be mostly baby stuff. Blankets, Quilts, Car Seat covers, etc. I love that I can turn a relaxing hobby into a side job. Yay!
6) Rocking my baby... I could do it all day but I don't think it would be the smartest thing for him. I think he could be rocked all day too. He's such a cuddler. Problem is, we would both sleep all day (see #3.) "So quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
7) Folding laundry... Yep, my little confession. I won't bore you with too many details. But the smell is so wonderful...
8) Taking baths... sigh, warm, steamy, some nice salts or beads or bubbles or something. You throw a book on top of that and I may never leave. (Okay, I probably will leave eventually, but only because the other things on this list exist.)
9) Cuddling with my hubby... He's amazing. He plays with my hair and keeps me warm. The best is when he kisses me on the forehead and rubs my back.
Okay, I feel better. Gonna go do some of these things now. But here is your part:
What relaxes you? Post your list!